Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Persepolis Blog Responses #1

4. How Persepolis is organized and structured like it's back in the days of the USSR and etc. It's set as if we were back to where communists were the big thing/news and alot of hatred and killings went on, and certain religious laws were enforced and etc. What Satrapi chose to emphasize in her childhood is how things were handled when it was back in her days. How people were killed just because they were communist or some just for no reason at all. These things had interested her, I believe that's the reason why she focused on these things in her writting. This passage is most definitely past. Satrapi's drawings are quite simple but shows emotions to help readers know what is going on. Her drawings are very neat and simple, and I think it's there to help readers get a picture of what's going on, to picture something in their head while reading the stories. How the drawings add to the narratice of the story is like I said, it shows face expressions and creates a picture in readers minds of what is happening in the story; other than just thinking by youself what's going on really.

5. I believe the writer's voice is sometimes annoying but comical at times. I think it can be annoying because of the little girl Marji. I mean, dang, get a grip girl! If someone wants you to stop asking questions then stop! (geesh!) But then again, it's funny at times because it shows that the story is yet serious but still can be funny at the same time; that can draw a readers attention if they were to get to serious (less tense). Which aspects of Marji's character do I identify with or like the most, or least has got to be when she asks to much dang questions, like when she gets to that point that she's real curious and won't stop till' she hears what she wants to hear. What I like about Marji the most, I've got to say I like it that she's actually into the whole politics thing, and is actually curious, it's just that I don't like it when she's too curious about things. I mean, if a person says for you to stop, yes, stop. My reaction to the little girl didn't affect my reading. I thought it made it quite interesting and an enjoyment to read. Marji made things more of a thrill then more just a story telling. Atleast, that's how I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment